With a commitment to building one-of-a-kind homes designed with luxury, comfort and quality in mind, Darling Homes invites you to discover the Art of Construction, a collection of innovative building methods to ensure a better and more luxurious living experience for every homebuyer.
For more than 30 years, Darling Homes has focused on creating distinctive home designs built within exceptional communities that, together, deliver a unique lifestyle. These components coupled with eco-friendly building technologies and superior craftsmanship are what create the Darling Difference.
Darling Homes is built to the industry-leading standards of the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET). RESNET is a national standards-making organization that is recognized for building energy efficiency rating and certification systems by the U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. mortgage industry.
One of the energy efficient techniques is the Home Energy Rating System (HERS). Homes built to the specifications of this system (based on the 2006 International Energy Conservation Code) score a HERS Index of 100, which is a significant difference in comparison to older homes which score an average HERS Index of 130. The average score for new Darling Homes range between 60 and 70.
In addition to the RESNET Energy Smart program, Darling Homes implements other innovative building methods that work hand-in-hand with RESNET standards to create a quality and comfortable experience in both the home and environment.
Whether it’s the high utility bills during the hot, summer months or the energy-consuming appliances that are used on a daily basis, the average U.S. household spends approximately $5,550 per year on energy, according to the Alliance to Save Energy. However, homebuyers have the ability to reduce these costs by utilizing energy-efficient products, resources and appliances.
Here are the ways Darling Homes reduces environmental impact and energy consumption through energy and resource efficiency, enhanced water conservation, durability and moisture management and better air quality.
For energy and resource efficiency:
- Low-E double paned windows, which reduce outdoor noise and help control the outside temperature inside of your home
- Engineered foundation and frame to optimize material usage
- 16 SEER performance HVAC system designed to fit your particular home
- Programmable thermostat to control the temperature and comfort of your home more efficiently
- Energy-efficient gas cooking appliances and gas water heater
- LED lighting, which reduces energy costs
For enhanced water conservation:
- Water-conserving shower heads, faucets and ENERGY STAR® dishwasher
- Drought tolerant landscaping and indigenous plants to enhance longevity and reduce maintenance
- Installed irrigation system that’s zoned and equipped with rain sensor shut-off
For durability and moisture management:
- Tightly sealed homes to protect and minimize maintenance associated with severe weather conditions and humidity
- Thermal Envelope, which is an inspection of 35 areas in the home to ensure no leaks before the home is sheetrocked
- Insulation and air sealant are properly installed to prevent air leakage for more efficient air conditioning
- Covered exterior doors to reduce exposure to sun, rain and other elements
- Duct systems designed per Air Conditioning Contractors of America and tested for leakage on every home
- Proper flashing installed at all areas of the home
- Radiant barrier roof decking reduces heat absorption and improves HVAC efficiency
- Electrical conduit prevents pinching in the electrical conduit line
- Drywall corners reduce settlement cracks
- California corners allow insulation at interior corners
For better air quality:
- Proper ventilation optimizes clean indoor air for you to breathe and reduces moisture and humidity within the home
- Increased comfort with even temperatures and airflow
- Return air in all bedrooms aid in balanced room pressure, temperature control and air exchange
- Kitchen and bath ventilation are run to the outside
These building methods and environmentally-friendly products and procedures showcase Darling Homes’ commitment to helping provide not only a safe and healthy environment, but the ideal living experience for its homebuyers.
For more information about Darling Homes, visit www.darlinghomes.com.