Warm and inviting spaces are a hallmark of Darling Homes’ designs. To add a sophisticated autumn touch, accent your home’s natural beauty by placing a wreath on the front door, adorning the mantel with pumpkins or lighting candles with seasonal favorites on the coffee table.
Need more inspiration? The 2018 Good Housekeeping list of autumn décor helps homeowners discover some of the simplest yet most endearing home decorating tricks in the book.
Fall décor suggestions include:
- Dried wheat wreaths to adorn the front door
- Fall-themed throw pillows
- Rustic-colored blankets in shades of orange, brown, red and yellow
- Dried leaf garlands
- Acorn accents for side tables and centerpieces
- Pumpkins and squashes positioned throughout the home for a hint of autumn
- Doormats with festive fall phrases such as ‘give thanks’
Autumn brings with it opportunities for indoor entertainment, whether you spend your nights and weekends in the living room with the fireplace burning or cozying up in the media room, take time to find your inspiration for fall décor on the Dallas and Houston Pinterest boards from Darling Homes. With a mix of pre-made and DIY décor ideas, these boards are the top choice for those looking to spice up their seasonal décor.
DIY projects for autumn can include:
- Charming candy jars filled with candy corn or painted acorns
- A garland made of glittering leaves
- Pumpkins crafted out of yarn
- Burlap wine bottle covers
- Rustic mason jar candle holders
- Chalkboard pumpkins embellished with a fall message
Whether seeking a craft for the holiday season or a new twist on autumn-themed home décor, these tips and tricks are certain to help bring a taste of fall into any Darling home.