Sugar Land Sweets
According to Buzzfeed News, Sugar Land residents are some of the luckiest in Texas – because they live right next to the best bakery in the state! The Anonymous Cafe is currently relocating to a larger space to keep up with the demand for its artisan bites.
Serving up traditional Greek desserts made from scratch, this mom-and-pop shop’s pastry menu includes:
- A variety of fresh fruit tarts
- Greek cookies
- Gourmet chocolate bars
- And more fresh treats changing every day!
For other delectable options in Sugar Land, head to Maureen’s Gourmet Bakery. This shop serves customers fresh cakes and pastries, with options to design and personalize cakes for special occasions.
Near Darling Homes’ communities in Conroe, you can find even more dessert shops to satisfy your cravings. At Aranda’s Bakery, you can indulge in amazing desserts with a Mexican flare. Offering cakes, empanadas, puff pastries, croissants and more, this bakery provides the chance to eat treats celebrating flavors from different cultures.
Don’t forget to try:
- Empanadas in flavors including pumpkin, guava and pineapple
- Tricolor shortbread cookies
- Watermelon shaped cookies
- Cinnamon croissants
- Snail shells with cream cheese and other mouth-watering options.
Sweets to Dream On is the premier destination for cakes in Conroe, with decadent designs and customizable features creating a truly unique dessert for each customer. Featured on TLC’s Ultimate Cake Off, this is the premier local destination for birthday cakes, wedding cakes and more!
A staple of Thanksgiving for many Texans is ending the feast with a delicious variety of pies. Luckily for McKinney residents, Emporium Pies is serving up seasonal flavors. Thanksgiving pre-ordering is available, and the shop’s current menu of original pie flavors includes:
- The Smooth Operator, a French silk pie with pretzel crust
- Lord of the Pies, a deep-dish apple with cinnamon streusel
- Drop Dead Gourdgeous, a pumpkin custard with gingerbread crust
- The Nutty Honey, a peanut butter cream and honey pie
- And more unique, delicious flavors!
For desserts other than pie, check out McKinney’s Sweet Spot. Homemade cinnamon rolls, cupcakes, cakes, pecan bars, cookies and scones help make this shop a top destination for dessert fans.
If you’ve ever wanted to eat a bowl of cookie dough, Grif’s Sammie Shop in Allen is the place for you! From raw, edible cookie dough to create-your-own ice cream sandwiches, this shop is a dream come true for dessert fans, featuring Blue Bell ice cream and homemade cookies.
While you’re at the shop, savor creative flavor combinations when trying:
- Homemade cookies, with flavors including snickerdoodle, chocolate chip, oatmeal toffee, black and white and more
- Twelve flavors of ice cream, including cotton candy, vanilla, coffee and sea salt caramel
- Edible cookie dough, available in chocolate chip and sugar
- Brownie bowls, shaped to hold your favorite flavor of ice cream
For cake, cupcakes, cake pops, available in almost any flavor you can imagine, check out Bliss Cupcakes. This shop is known for its scrumptious and well-decorated creations great for special occasions or those weekend sweet-tooth cravings.
Luckily for Texans, there are plenty of local bakeries available for sweet treats. Let us know your favorite place to pick up dessert!