School is back in session! With children and teens in Darling communities heading back to A+ schools in some of the best school districts in Texas, it’s time to find a prime spot at home to get those studies done. Luckily, there’s no shortage of homework spots in these Darling homes, from formal studies to computer niches.
Here are some tips to create an A+ worthy homework hub:
Stock up on supplies. Eliminate distractions by keeping any supplies your child might need within arm’s reach. Then they won’t need to pause their studies to grab a sharpened pencil or different color marker.
Make it mobile. Sometimes a change in scenery can inspire productivity. Keep homework station supplies in a caddy so your child can move around as needed.
Minimize clutter. Organization is key to ensuring no important assignments or permission slips get lost. Clear off clutter from your homework station daily, add a bulletin board or use a filing system to keep everything in order
This Labor Day, throw a backyard bash filled with food and fun for all – because a day off is always a reason to celebrate! Here are some tips:
Select Your Venue: Host your get together at home or change up the scenery and pick another place to party. Many of Houston’s top communities including Bridgeland, Cross Creek Ranch, Cypress Creek Lakes and more feature beautiful outdoor spaces, clubhouses and pools where you can host your soirée.
Gather Your Guests:Labor Day is a busy weekend for everyone, so give your guests plenty of notice prior to the party. If you’re keeping it small with just a few close friends, give everyone a call to let them know your plans. For a bigger bash, go big and mail invitations.
Choose Your Menu:The Food Network has plenty of mouth-watering recipes to include in your Labor Day spread. From personal grilled pizzas and American-style potato salad to flank steak with balsamic barbecue sauce and Dijon chicken wings, your guests will leave craving more!
Determine Your Décor: Decide if you want to give your party a theme or keep it a casual get together. You can go all out with a patriotic theme or take Martha Stewart’s advice on decorating for a Labor Day bash and incorporate seersucker napkins and dip-dyed bamboo place mats.
Las Colinas is an area known for its upscale amenities and quality of life. It’s an area that Dallas residents aspire to live in and one that offers plenty of opportunities to find the perfect lifestyle.
One of the first planned townships in the United States, Las Colinas offers convenient access to both downtown Dallas and Fort Worth. The shopping is diverse, the dining is impeccable and the opportunities to play a round of golf are exceptional, given the area’s three distinguished golf courses – Las Colinas Country Club, Hackberry Creek Country Club and the TPC Four Seasons Las Colinas Resort.
The TPC course, part of Texas’ only AAA five-diamond resort, is home to the annual AT&T Byron Nelson Championship each May, a spectacle of a tournament that draws some of the sport’s biggest names, thanks to the tourney’s namesake.
It’s against this backdrop that Darling Homes is preparing its latest community in the area – VUE Las Colinas, which will border the TPC course and afford its homebuyers spectacular views of some of the course’s best finishing holes.
VUE Las Colinas will be a special community – consisting of only 133 homesites – with three distinct home collections available from the Dallas homebuilder. It will also provide a connected lifestyle that so many in the area are craving.
With the Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas and TPC Four Seasons Las Colinas golf course as its backdrop, VUE Las Colinas by Darling Homes will offer quick access to Northpark, Uptown Dallas, the shopping and dining of Las Colinas, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and more. The exceptional lifestyle will continue with 17 miles of canal waterways, trails, greenbelts, highly acclaimed schools and more.
Combine the rich heritage of the area, high-quality schools and the Darling Homes experience and Dallas homebuyers are sure to pleased with the new community. VUE Las Colinas debuts this fall.
To learn more about VUE Las Colinas, please contact Internet sales consultant Melissa Ruggles by phone at (469) 252-2255 or by email at [email protected].
Interactively formulate multimedia based portals after value-added niche markets. Collaboratively impact covalent applications whereas high-payoff human capital. Proactively fashion focused expertise and vertical paradigms. Rapidiously supply state of the art content whereas focused e-tailers. Quickly seize fully researched sources before interactive niche markets.
Changing seasons always inspire fresh home décor ideas and now that summer is officially upon us, we’re eager to try some of these hot interior design trends.
Sunny yellow, nautical navy and flirty pink are just a few of the vibrant colors interior designer Tobi Fairley recommends to give a traditional space a colorful twist. Keep it simple and add pillows, throws and other home accents in these hues or go big and paint an accent wall to enjoy a slice of summer year-round.
When it comes to adjusting your interior for summer think old and new. Use this as an opportunity to give old furniture new life with a coat of high-gloss paint in a bright color or buy new accent dishes to add a festive summer pattern to your table setting.
Like what you see? Take a look at this article to see more interiors decorated to perfection with this summer’s latest design trends.
Curious about what interior design trends will be in this year? We asked Lee Crowder, our resident architectural colorist and model home coordinator, what she thought the 10 most important trends would be in 2015. Here’s what she said:
1. Patterned Carpets are here to stay. We’re seeing larger pattern repeats in tonal color palettes. This type of carpet can make a master bedroom, media room or study feel sophisticated.
2. Homebuyers are showing a preference for Quartz products for high impact countertops such as kitchens and master bedrooms. While granite has dominated the landscape for many years, homebuyers are looking to Quartz, an engineered product, for a simple look with less maintenance.
3. Plumbing is staying true to the simple finishes of nickel and stainless. Plumbing styles can not only help define a style (modern or traditional) but can also add convenience to your everyday life, like adding a pot filler in the kitchen or dual showerheads in the master bath
4. Painted cabinets in white were everywhere in 2014. Painted cabinets are here to stay in 2015 but we see the trend moving toward a soft gray tone.
5. Speaking of gray, it’s the popular neutral of the day. It creates a perfect backdrop to personalize your home in warm or cool tones.
6. Marsala is the 2015 Color of the Year (think a rich red wine tone). Paint is the best way to keep your home current without a lot of expense. Marsala is a natural fit for a warm and elegant dining room.
7. We’re seeing glass tile being used as an entire backsplash, as opposed to just a liner. The tile reflects light and can make a space appear bigger and brighter. It’s also a great way to create a focal point in a backsplash without breaking the bank.
8. Our favorite way to create interest on a budget is to use a simple 6×6 tile in a unique pattern or add a unique grout color. This application creates interest and helps keep you within your budget.
9. Luxury outdoor spaces that bring in living room outdoors are big. In Texas, we’re lucky to be able to spend so many months outdoors. This is why we see more and more customers extending their back patio to include outdoor kitchens and fireplaces.
10. Adding a special touch to any room doesn’t have to stop at the countertop, go the extra step with a farm sink in the kitchen, a pedestal sink in the master bath (or even the powder room) or add an integral wave bowl in the guest bath.
Darling Homes took home two significant awards at the 2014 Houston’s Best PRISM Awards, which are considered the most prestigious homebuilding awards handed out each year in Houston.
Darling took home awards for “Volume Builder Product Design” ($500,000+) and “Volume Builder – Garden Home/Patio Home of the Year” adding to an already impressive history of PRISM awards.
Darling was also a Grand Award finalist for “Volume Builder of the Year”.
Darling Homes offers renowned patio home collections at many of their gorgeous communities including Cross Creek Ranch, Newman Village, Lantana, Riverstone, and Woodforest.
Every day, homebuyers are able to choose from a series of proven, successful floor plans from Darling Homes that Houston residents have come to love because of the attention to craftsmanship and a focus on architectural details, which completes the picture of a well-built home built for years of living.
Darling was also a finalist in several other PRISM categories including “Volume Builder of the Year”, “Volume Builder Product Design” ($250,000 to $300,000), “Volume Builder – Family Room”, “Volume Builder – Bedroom”, “Volume Builder – Outdoor Living Space”, “Volume Builder – Interior Merchandising for a Model Home: Over $500,000”.