Are you hosting the holidays at your house this year? Want to create the perfect holiday atmosphere for a get-together they’ll remember for years to come?
We’re sharing our favorite ideas for a holiday at home that will surprise and delight guests at every turn with an amazing menu and serving plan that will keep your guests happy and the party moving throughout the day!
First, you’ll dazzle them with your choice of an amazing appetizer that stimulates the senses with sensational presentation and tantalizing tastes that are sure to please.
- Your guests are sure to gather ‘round and enjoy the feeling of harvest and home with a harvest-inspired vegetable platter that’s so good they’ll think you’ve hand-picked each delectable piece from your own garden.
- An artisan cheese platter is sure-fire hit. With an assortment of dried and fresh fruits, rich cheeses and seasonal nuts, this spread is sure to be a guest favorite.
- Have plenty of people to please? Serve an assorted appetizer platter that offers it all: fresh fruit, a selection of artisan cheeses and crackers, antipasto and roasted nuts!
Serve your appetizer and drinks in a central area that encourages guests to gather and mingle. An ideal location is a breakfast nook or kitchen island.
After appetizers, bring guests together in your formal dining area to enjoy a holiday dining experience that’s worth the wait. An elongated dining table with holiday tablescape decor that allows enough room to lay out each dish without causing clutter is ideal.
Your holiday dinner is a time for you to show off your cooking and style. Start with a first course that whets appetites and sets the stage for an amazing meal that’s sure to rank at the top for beauty and flavor.
- Start by serving a delicious holiday soup recipe topped with a colorful garnish and warm your guests after their holiday travels.
- Then wow them with this classic Thanksgiving turkey recipe with a twist, garnished with fresh greens, pomegranate slices or cranberries, and other flavorful fruits for a bold, decorative statement that’s as good as it looks.
- Add dazzle to your dining room table with fresh maple dijon roasted carrots and your best mashed potato recipe!
- Then roll out a basket of piping-hot pumpkin shaped dinner rolls for that little something extra your guests can’t help but notice.
Now for the fun part, dessert!
Shift the party outdoors before the sun goes down to indulge in your most spectacular holiday dessert fireside. Plush furnishings and plenty of space will allow guests to relax and enjoy each other’s company while partaking what’s sure to become a holiday classic, like cranberry layer cake, chocolate pear spice cake, pecan pie or your perfect pumpkin pie.